UPDATED COURT SCHEDULE
The Executive Committee met on Thursday evening, Nov. 19, 2020. We had a lengthy discussion regarding how we could adjust the existing schedule to offer something for just about everyone, no matter their level of concern about the coronavirus. Having also taken into account the temporary reduction in our numbers and any member feedback, we are amending the weekly schedule as follows UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
- ALL PLAY: Will continue daily from 7:30am until 10:00 pm. Reservations are not required.
- MONDAY NIGHT: “Ladies Night” will continue every Monday from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm. An effort will be made to segregate skill levels when the number of participants permits. Players are expected to sign up and will receive an email from Sign Up Genius (SUG) inviting you to sign up.
- TUESDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT: “Mixed Doubles” play will commence November 24th, 2020 and run from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm each Tuesday and Thursday evening except on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26th) and Christmas Eve (Dec. 24th). One member of each two-person team is required to register in advance at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449aeaf2ba3fb6-tuesdays116 When registering, make sure to fill in the box labeled “name of partner.” (Don’t worry about signing up for the Nov. 24th session, but after Thanksgiving please make advance registration a habit.)
During Mixed Doubles sessions, your two-person team will play a different opposing team each game, but you do not change partners during the evening. It is our hope this format and its inherent emphasis on social distancing will allow those who may have reservations about playing pickleball at the present time to come join the fun.
- ROUND ROBIN PLAY: There aren’t presently enough players to schedule round robins for each skill level, so we will be combining groups for the time being. Here is the revised scheduled:
|10:00am - 11:40am||Level 3.5-4.0||Level 2.5-3.0||Level 1.0-2.0|
|11:40am - 1:20pm||Level 1.0-2.0||Level 3.5-4.0||Level 2.5-3.0|
|1:20pm - 3:00pm||Level 2.5-3.0||Level 1.0-2.0||Level 3.5-4.0|
Round robin participants are expected to register for play via SUG. You will receive an email from SUG inviting you to sign up. If you fail to do so, you may be out of luck. Once 18 have signed up the session will be closed. Round robin play will commence the Monday following Thanksgiving.
- OTHER OPTIONS AND EVENTS:
- Arrange your own game - between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Wednesdays. You must use SUG to guarantee you’ll have a court. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449aeaf2ba3fb6-tuesdays116
- Tuesday All Play for Levels 1.0-2.5 - If you want to see how your game compares to a higher level (for 1.0’s and 2.0’s) or you are a 2.5 and are willing to offer some pointers to those who are up and coming. Play will be on Tuesdays from 3:00 until 6:00 pm beginning the week after Thanksgiving. No reservations are required for this All Play.
- Thursday All Play for Levels 3.0-4.0 - If you are a 3.0 and want to see how your game compares to a higher level or you are a 3.5 or 4.0 who is willing to offer some pointers to those who are up and coming, come play on Thursdays from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm beginning the week after Thanksgiving. No reservations are required.
- Introduction to Pickleball - Sessions (limited to 4 persons) are held the second and fourth Saturday of each month from 11:40 am until 1:20 pm beginning November 28th. Attendees will learn tips and practice drills designed to improve their game courtesy of one or more experienced Club members. Sessions are intended for those newer to pickleball (2.0 skill level and below). https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449aeaf2ba3fb6-introduction4
- Open Play - Courts are available for use by both Club and non-club members. Reservations (can be made on-line at the Silveridge Pickleball Club website) are highly recommended. If a player doesn’t register, they must give up the court to someone who has a reservation. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449aeaf2ba3fb6-mondays224
- Friday Night Social All Play: Is open to all Club members of all skill levels. (Note: see our Club’s recommendation regarding doubles play). Bring your lawn chair, beverage and food (but do not share food or drinks) and maintain the 6 feet rule while socializing safely with others. Reservations are not required.
- When a Court is Not Being Used - In the event one or more courts are not being used for a scheduled Club event or session, club members are always welcome to play on the unused court(s) on a first come/first served basis.
As you can see, there are options galore for players of every level. Come to All Play. Sign up for a Round Robin. Join the fun on Ladies Night. Grab a partner for Mixed Doubles. Get off the couch and take advantage of the best and biggest club at Silveridge! See you on the court.
Mike Savre, 2020-21 President
NOTE: A court schedule is posted on the pickleball bulletin board and, of course, the schedule is always viewable on our website!