November 16, 2021
Greetings Pickleballers. I have a few things to share:
- Our membership is already up to 119 and more players are signing up every day. Welcome everyone!
- We have a pickleball mixer planned for this Saturday, November 20th from 1:30pm to 3:30pm. Bring your own snack (no sharing for the time being, however) and beverage of choice as well as your pickleball paddle. Come join the fun. Meet new members, greet old members, and play some friendly pickleball. Hope to see you there.
- The final day of the basket raffle will coincide with the pickleball mixer on Saturday. The winning tickets will be drawn at the close of the mixer. Support your club and purchase some tickets - maybe you will win one of the baskets of cool stuff! All proceeds go to the Silveridge Pickleball Club!
- Due to the recent (and expected) increase in memberships, we are changing the round robin schedule effective Monday, November 22nd. Check our website and/or bulletin board on the south end of the pickleball courts for the revised schedule. We have also included the new schedule as an attachment to this email.
- Park management indicates they are working on fixing the light over Court #2. Hopefully it will be repaired soon.
- Because one light is not working we have decreased the number of teams or players for evening play times. Once the light is fixed, we will increase the numbers again.
- To play during the Arrange Own Games and Mixed Doubles times use SignUpGenius. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090449aeaf2ba3fb6-Sundays The link can also be found on the “Court Schedule” page of our website.
- We have an opening on the Executive Committee for the position of Secretary. A formal application is not necessary. If you are interested please speak to me or another Club Executive Committee member.
- Finally, a huge shout out to the Renter's Association. They just gave our club a check which we will use to purchase a bigger, brighter and better built countdown clock. The Renter's Association has helped us out in the past and provides periodic financial assistance to many Silveridge clubs and organizations. In return, they welcome and need our support. It only costs $5 per lot each year to be a member. Please consider joining! Applications are available on their bulletin board in the lobby.
That's it for now. Remember to stay safe while playing PB! Social distance between games, wear sunscreen and good shoes, and don't forget to bring water.